Cove lighting can bright up you room and used as main light without supporting lights and can also function as decorative light for evenings. Either way it is efficient and contemporary.
Our LED Lighting coving has been specifically designed for LED Strip indirect lighting with extra high reflective arc.
Both for decorative lighting or for main lighting applications using Aluminium bar or L profile is recommended for dissipating the heat and preventing the transillumination through the XPS cove. Dissipating the heat ensures long LED strip life.
We offer quick connectors if it is suitable for your installation.
Decorative light applications:
- Aluminium bar (12mm wide - available from out stock) is recommended
- Single color LED strip (warm white or natural white) and RGB strip can be used.
- Cold white is not recommended.
Main light applications:
- You can generally read and work using this type of coving application without support tights.
- L Aluminium profile (12x12x2 mm -10mm inside- available from out stock) is recommended
- Single color Ultra High Bright LED strip or Ultra High Bright CCT (color temperature changing) LED strip can be used
- The strength of the LED strip has to be between 1800-2300 Lumen/m (available from our stock).
- If the wall is longer than 5m the LED strip has should be supplied from both sides.
- Can be used as decorative light if you use dimming for the night.
Power supply considerations
- When you supply LED light strips from one side only, the power consumption of the LED light strip is far less than the nominal power given in the specification of the LED strip. The nominal power is a laboratory measured (or sometimes) calculated data for 1m LED strips supplied from both sides.
- Our LED Light strips recommended for main light are 100% enough for main light application. However according to our experience LED light strips bought from other suppliers, particularly from far east do offer a fraction of luminosity of the specification.
The size of the power supply needed depends on the
- type of supply (LED strip supplied from one side or from both side)
- the length of the LED strip segments joined together and supplied together
- the total length of the LED strip
- the length and thickness of the cables used in your project
Depending on the circumstances the power supply need can be about half of the full nominal power according to our experience! In a room with 16-17m perimeter the power supply need according to our experience is between 150-200Watts (instead of the nominal 336W) and the light is still massive. We selected the LED light strip based on experience and not based on calculations. You do not need the full light of this LED strip to achieve a good main light.
Therefore, after the project is installed the maximum power consumption has to be measured and the power supply has be 10% larger. Your electrician can do this in 5 minutes. Do not install 230VAC power supplies yourself, hire and electrician!
- We are happy to send out a large power supply for the measurement if it is needed, then after measurement you will send it back to us and we send out the power supply you need for your project.
Switching and controlling consideration
- You can control your light simultaneously using our wall switch, remote controllers and even your mobile phone with our system.
- If you contact us we will help you to plan your controlling/switching options.
L Aluminium profile used for Main light LED coving application Aluminium bar is used for decorative light application.
Using L Aluminium profile by slight tilting different lighting effect can be achieved. See below.
The following two pictures show a typical main light application for working environment using Natural white ultra
high bright LED light strips installed by Led Expert. The lighting offers support light even during daylight as it can be seen below.