Cove lighting can bright up you room and used as main light without supporting lights and can also function as decorative light for evenings. Either way it is efficient and contemporary.
- LED Coves 20m (10 x 2m pieces) LED Coves
- 20m Aluminium L angle bar (10 pieces 2m x 12mm x 12mm)
- 20m Ultra High bright 2835 120 LED/m 2100 Lumen LED Light strips - Natural White (not "coldish", 4000K)
- Optional remote controller
- Optional RF wall touch switch
Power supply considerations
- When you supply LED light strips from one side only, the power consumption of the LED light strip is far less than the nominal power given in the specification of the LED strip. The nominal power is a laboratory measured (or sometimes) calculated data for 1m LED strips supplied from both sides.
- Our LED Light strips recommended for main light are 100% enough for main light application. However according to our experience LED light strips bought from other suppliers, particularly from far east do offer a fraction of luminosity of the specification.
The size of the power supply needed depends on the
- type of supply (LED strip supplied from one side or from both side)
- the length of the LED strip segments joined together and supplied together
- the total length of the LED strip
- the length and thickness of the cables used in your project
Depending on the circumstances the power supply need can be about half of the full nominal power according to our experience! In a room with 16-17m perimeter the power supply need according to our experience is between 150-200Watts (instead of the nominal 336W) and the light is still massive. We selected the LED light strip based on experience and not based on calculations. You do not need the full light of this LED strip to achieve a good main light.
Therefore, after the project is installed the maximum power consumption has to be measured and the power supply has be 10% larger. Your electrician can do this in 5 minutes. Do not install 230VAC power supplies yourself, hire and electrician!
- We are happy to send out a large power supply for the measurement if it is needed, then after measurement you will send it back to us and we send out the power supply you need for your project.
- 5m strips can be supplied from one side, but it the strip is longer than 5m has to be supplied from both sides.
Switching and controlling consideration
- You can control your light simultaneously using our wall switch, remote controllers and even your mobile phone with our system.
- If you contact us we will help you to plan your controlling/switching options.
- Manual dimmer or remote controlled dimmer can also be used.
- The size of the dimmer is determined after the final measurement according to the size of the power supply.
L Aluminium profile used for Main light LED coving application Aluminium bar is used for decorative light application.
Using L Aluminium profile by slight tilting different lighting effect can be achieved. See below.
The following two pictures show a typical main light application for working environment using Natural white ultra
high bright LED light strips installed by Led Expert. The lighting offers support light even during daylight as it can be seen below.